Thursday, December 24, 2015
Another year, another best of list. This is what I've been listening to the most and liked the best in the year 2015. More on each album later.
1. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
2. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell
3. Dig Deeper - How You Spend Your Days
4. _Linden_ - Rest and Be Thankful
5. GospelbeacH - Pacific Surf Line
6. Dungen - Allas Sak
7. Dawes - All Your Favourite Bands
8. Easy October - Nowhere But Here - Vol. 1
9. Promised Land Sound - For Use and Delight
10. Dave Rawlings Machine - Nashville Obsolete
11. Ultimate Painting - Green Lines
12. Ryley Walker - Primrose Green
13. Wilco - Star Wars
14. Circles Around the Sun - Interludes for the Dead
15. Odd Nordstoga - Dette Landet
Others that bubbled under the surface:
Joanna Newsom, Kurt Vile, Kristofer Åström, The Thank Yous, Caddy, Daniel Kvammen, Twerps, Summer Fiction, Gard Nilssen Acoustic Unity, Richard Thompson, Mystic Braves, The Decemberists, Ida Jenshus, Robert Forster, Martin Courtney, Dante Elephante, Laura Marling, Paul Weller and probably a few I have forgotten as well.
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Okkervil River - Calling and not Calling My Ex
(The Stand Ins // Jagjaguwar // 2008)
It's December 1st, and this is a great example of Christmas songs that's not really Christmas songs. Actully it's one of my favourite Okkervil River songs, and the lyrics are as many of Will Sheff's lyrics in my opinion brilliant. He has his way with words that fellow. Pretty straight forward, but still some very smart lines. Oh, yeah, and it's a really really catchy tune.
"She was so sweet on Christmas Eve
With the snow set deep
When we went walking through the pines."