New discovery

Tall Tales and the Silver Lining - Fall In
(Beehouse Records, 2010)


This band, fronted by multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriter Trevor Beld-Jimenez, hails from Ventura, CA. This band also really sounds like they are from Ventura, CA. For me, a music lover sitting over in cold Norway, this is the sound I hear when I dream about California. And believe me, I dream a lot about California.

Fall In is an album that grips you the first time you'll hear it, but the great thing about it is that it even get better every time you spin it. From opener "My Constant" until the closer "Love is Not a Sin" Tall Tales takes us for what feels like a drive up and down the 1o1 along the California coastline. My favourite song on the album is "What You've Found" which is a really really great jangly sixties kind of pop song.

Sometimes jangly and other times reflective, Tall Tales and the Silver Lining reminds me of a lot of other favourite bands like Vetiver, Beachwood Sparks, America and Wilco. Maybe a little touch of the good ol' Grateful Dead and Neil Young also. A great band and a great album that you probably haven't heard the last of.

Check them on myspace

Oh yeah, what about that album cover. Isn't that the best thing you've ever seen.

Comments