The sun turns, the earth tilts..

December 1st.

Sunturns - The Axial Tilt
(Christmas II, Fika Recordings, 2015)

"In astronomy, axial tilt is the angle between a planet's rotational axis at its north pole and a line perpendicular to the orbital plane of the planet. It is also called axialinclination or obliquity. The axial tilt of Earth is the cause of seasons like summer and winter on Earth."


So says wikipedia. So is it this Ola Innset was thinking about when he wrote the song. Well, in a clever way it was - but it isn't necessarily what the song really is about though.

Another part of the story is that I am actually on this recording as well. As part of my bachelorparty my good friend Sjur Lyseid (member of Sunturns and producer of the album) arranged for me to let my inner tambourine man get out. As well as theremin man and backing singer. Those vocals are burried DEEP in the production thankfully.


Anyway, just a nice way to get this December under way.




Comments